Meetinghouse Dental Care: Mercury Free (Amalgam Silver Filling Free), Mercury Safe, Metal Free, Holistic, Cosmetic, and Family Dentistry
Patient Alert: COVID-19 Office Safety Protocols
We know that, for many, there is a lingering level of anxiety and fear about contracting the coronavirus (CV) and that you will still want to take all the necessary precautions to protect yourself and your family. We feel the same way about ourselves and staff. Thus, we want you to know that we are doing everything possible to minimize the risk of exposure to the coronavirus at our office, so that you are able to get the necessary treatment. Because we are a Mercury Safe Office we know how essential dental treatment is to overall health. Please Click Here to learn what we do to protect you from the coronavirus - and other harmful viruses and bacteria.
About Our Mercury Safe Practice
Dr. Wendy Beratan's biological dental family practice is mercury-free (amalgam/silver filling free) and mercury-safe. He and his biologic dental associates, Dr. Lou Trovato and Dr. Wendy Beratan utilize mercury-safe removal protocols based on the recommendations of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (www.IAOMT.org) – of which he is an accredited member – and of other prominent biological and holistic dental organizations.
The IAOMT has developed rigorous standards for safely removing mercury amalgam dental fillings by reducing the unnecessary and excessive exposure to mercury released from these fillings. The IAOMT's recommendations are known as the Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique (SMART).
At this time, Dr. He is one of a small number of IAOMT members who qualifies as a SMART Certified IAOMT dentist. With the SMART designation you can be confident that he is fully qualified to safely remove mercury amalgam (silver) fillings.
- quiet electric hand pieces for exceptional precision
- digital radiography for up to 90% less radiation exposure than conventional radiography
- digital photography for a virtual tour of your mouth
- Wand computer-controlled anesthesia-delivery devices
- IQAir Dental HgFlex Vacs
- LG-2 Ionizers from AESI-Air Defense
- Isolite intraoral appliances (or Clean-Ups, if preferred)
- charcoal rinse/swallow
- HEPA air filters
- continual-flow, unindirectional nose hood clean air source
- medical grade oxygen-ozone sterilization of tooth preparations
- biocompatible composite restorative options
- CEREC technology for solid-block ceramic, metal-free restorations – even on back teeth - in one visit: no impressions, no tempoaries, no traditional 3-week lab wait, no 2nd time getting numb
- AmalgamBoss Amalgam Separator (testing at 99+% capture rate) to keep municipal sludge mercury-free.
For more information about why it's important to use a mercury-safe dentist, Click Here.
For more information about safe removal protocols and an explanation of what they are, Click Here.
Your comfort is always the priority of Dr. Beratan and her biologic dental associates. You’ll find a TempurPedic overlay on each operatory chair with a personal overhead flat screen TV, an aroma of fresh-baked, complimentary Otis Spunkmeyer cookies, and the warm flow of positive energy generated by the office’s Feng Shui design. Most importantly, their team of highly trained and genuinely caring individuals creates quality dental treatment in a healthy, personalized, and supportive environment.
Dr. Beratan has been named by Consumers’ Research Council of America to its list of America’s Top Dentists. She also belongs to a number of prestigious dental associations, including:
Dr. Beratan invests many hours every year in postgraduate education in holistic and traditional dentistry in order to integrate advanced dental science with sound medical, chiropractic, energetic, nutritional and environmental sciences. She knows that the manner in which a dentist treats the teeth, jaws, and related oral structures affects the entire body: skeletal/nerve complex, autonomic nervous system, organs, and extracellular matrix.
Dr. Beratan works closely with qualified health professionals - alternative healthcare providers, primary care physicians, ENT’s, chiropractors, nutritionists, and naturopaths. Her goal is to maximize your oral health in direct relation to your overall health with techniques and technology that are personally and environmentally safe.
In addition to safe amalgam-removal equipment, Meetinghouse Dental Care technology includes:
- fully equipped diagnostic center with the CMT Plus for panoramic, tomographic, and cephalometic radiography
- BioPak for Joint Vibration Analysis, Jaw Tracking, and non-invasive electromyography
- therapeutic modalities such as medical-grade oxygen-ozone, infrared, iontophoresis, laser, TENS and cryo
- Technology and Lighting Center personal overhead flat screens to watch TV, from the comfort of the Tempur-Pedic overlay of your dental chair!
- Cavijet to polish teeth and remove stains and plaque non-abrasively with air and water pressure for the most thorough, gentle professional cleaning available
- Cavitron to remove calculus and irrigate below the gumline ultrasonically for gentle, highly effective non-surgical periodontal care
- Odyssey Diode Laser for precision gum re-contouring, cauterizing, sterlizing and healing
- Insight40 cold laser to promote cellular level healing for areas of sensitivity, jaw point pain, root canalled teeth, and extraction sites.
- Digital X-Rays
- Preventive Dental Treatment and Education
- Periodontal (Gum) Treatment
- VELscope: Oral Cancer Detection
- Safe Amalgam Filling Removal
- Mercury Free (Amalgam Free) Fillings
- Mercury & Metal Free Restorations
- Advanced Cosmetic Dentistry
- Smile Makeovers
- Tooth Whitening
- Full & Partial Dentures
- Implant Crown Placement & Maintenance
- Oral Surgery
- Night Guards
- Ozone Therapy
- CEREC: One Appointment Crowns and Onlays
Call today for information or advice, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Wendy! 215.293.0900. Ask for Barb!
About Dr. Wendy
Dr. Beratan has devoted her dental career to practicing healthy, holistic, non-invasive, biocompatible dentistry. She is also a proponent of making the dental office occupationally safe regarding mercury and she strives to protect the patient, the staff, and the environment from excessive and unnecessary exposure to mercury at the dental office. To learn more about Dr. Beratan please Click Here.
In her free time, Dr. Beratan loves to read. She enjoys movies and Broadway shows. The beach is her get-away during warmer months; weekends find her in the sand, in favorite restaurants, or on the boards! At home, Dr. Wendy is an innovative cook who watches the TV Food Network for ideas, experiments with flavors and textures, and shares her recipes generously. She loves food, especially chocolate, and is always delighted to entertain or to dine out with good company. Her philosophy on life is to cherish family and friends, to care for those around her selflessly and with appreciation for their uniqueness, to maintain balance, and to take conscious pleasure in simple moments and little things.
She invites you to visit our website: www.MeetinghouseDentalCare.com or to contact Barb by e-mail at MeetinghouseDentalCare@verizon.net.
Our dental practice is dedicated to patient education. As members of Dr. Tom McGuire's International Association of Mercury Safe Dentists (IAMSD), Dr. Wendy and her Associates work closely with him to provide important information to patients about oral health that can affect overall health, including issues related to mercury amalgam (silver) fillings. Click on the appropriate link to access important information about these topics.
NEW! Dr. Tom McGuire's new Video, Mercury: The Poison in Your Teeth conclusively proves that amalgam/silver fillings not only release toxic mercury vapor - but that the common act of brushing just one amalgam filling - will release more mercury than allowed by governmental regulatory agencies at the workplace! It also tells you what you can do about it. Click Here to watch this amazing video demonstration - and don’t forget to tell your friends and family! (You can also access it by searching YouTube for The Poison in Your Teeth or Tom McGuire, DDS.)
A Personal Note from Dr. Tom
I've met and spoken with Dr. Beratan and consider her to be a dedicated, caring, highly trained, skilled and experienced mercury free and mercury safe dentist. her commitment to quality dentistry, her ongoing dedication to continuing education, and her concern for herpatients' health and well being, makes her ideally suited to remove and replace mercury amalgam fillings safely.
Dr. Beratan belongs to a number of highly regarded dental organizations, including the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology and my Mercury Safe Association (IAMSD). These organizations encourage taking a integrative, whole-body approach to dental treatment and promote patient education. Her approach to healthy dentistry includes the understanding that you cannot be healthy without good oral health.
Dr. Beratan is a charter member of the IAMSD, and I highly recommend her to anyone seeking a mercury safe, holistic, and compassionate dentist. I recommend visiting her website to learn more about her whole-body approach to dentistry. When you visit her office, please let her know where you found out about her and say hello to her from me. Thanks!