Meetinghouse Dental Care: Mercury Free (Amalgam Silver Filling Free), Mercury Safe, Metal Free, Holistic, Cosmetic, and Family Dentistry
Dr. Lou Trovato’s biological dental family practice is mercury-free (amalgam/silver filling free) and mercury-safe. He and his biologic dental associate, Dr. Jose Alvarez, utilize mercury-safe removal protocols based on the recommendations of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (www.IAOMT.org) – of which he is an accredited member – and of other prominent biological and holistic dental organizations. Dr. Lou’s technology in every operatory includes:
- quiet electric hand pieces for exceptional precision
- digital radiography for up to 90% less radiation exposure than conventional radiography
- digital photography for a virtual tour of your mouth
- Wand computer-controlled anesthesia-delivery devices
- IQAir Dental HgFlex Vacs
- LG-2 Ionizers from AESI-Air Defense
- Isolite intraoral appliances (or Clean-Ups, if preferred)
- charcoal rinse/swallow
- HEPA air filters
- continual-flow, unindirectional nose hood clean air source
- medical grade oxygen-ozone sterilization of tooth preparations
- biocompatible composite restorative options
- CEREC technology for solid-block ceramic, metal-free restorations – even on back teeth - in one visit: no impressions, no tempoaries, no traditional 3-week lab wait, no 2nd time getting numb
- AmalgamBoss Amalgam Separator (testing at 99+% capture rate) to keep municipal sludge mercury-free.
For more information about why it's important to use a mercury-safe dentist, Click Here.
For more information about safe removal protocols and an explanation of what they are, Click Here.
Your comfort is always the priority of Dr. Trovato and of his biologic dental associate, Dr. Alvarez. You’ll find a TempurPedic overlay on each operatory chair with a personal overhead flat screen TV, an aroma of fresh-baked, complimentary Otis Spunkmeyer cookies, and the warm flow of positive energy generated by the office’s Feng Shui design. Most importantly, their team of highly trained and genuinely caring individuals creates quality dental treatment in a healthy, personalized, and supportive environment.
Dr. Trovato holds three dental Fellowships, an honor earned by less than 1% of the dentists in the United States, and he is named by Consumers’ Research Council of America to its list of America’s Top Dentists year after year. He is a board-certified NMD as well as an acclaimed dentist. He belongs to the American Naturopathic Medical Association and to numerous dental notable associations, including:
- International Association of Mercury Safe Dentists (IAMSD)
- Integrative Biologic Dental Medicine (IBDM)
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT): Accredited
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain (AACP): Fellow
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD): Fellow
- Pennsylvania Craniomandibular Society: Past President
Dr. Trovato invests over 200 hours every year in postgraduate education in holistic and traditional dentistry in order to integrate advanced dental science with sound medical, chiropractic, energetic, nutritional and environmental sciences. He knows that the manner in which a dentist treats the teeth, jaws, and related oral structures affects the entire body: skeletal/nerve complex, autonomic nervous system, organs, and extracellular matrix.
Dr. Trovato works closely with qualified health professionals - alternative healthcare providers, primary care physicians, ENT’s, chiropractors, nutritionists, and naturopaths. His goal is to maximize your oral health in direct relation to your overall health with techniques and technology that are personally and environmentally safe.
In addtion to safe amalgam-removal equipment, Meetinghouse Dental Care technology includes:
- fully equipped diagnostic center with the CMT Plus for panoramic, tomographic, and cephalometic radiography
- BioPak for Joint Vibration Analysis, Jaw Tracking, and non-invasive electromyography
- therapeutic modalities such as medical-grade oxygen-ozone, infrared, iontophoresis, laser, TENS and cryo
- Technology and Lighting Center personal overhead flat screens to watch TV, from the comfort of the Tempur-Pedic overlay of your dental chair!
- Cavijet to polish teeth and remove stains and plaque non-abrasively with air and water pressure for the most thorough, gentle professional cleaning available
- Cavitron to remove calculus and irrigate below the gumline ultrasonically for gentle, highly effective non-surgical periodontal care
- Odyssey Diode Laser for precision gum re-contouring, cauterizing, sterlizing and healing
- Insight40 cold laser to promote cellular level healing for areas of sensitivity, jaw point pain, root canalled teeth, and extraction sites.
- Digital X-Rays
- Preventive Dental Treatment and Education
- Periodontal (Gum) Treatment
- VELscope: Oral Cancer Detection
- Safe Amalgam Filling Removal
- Mercury Free (Amalgam Free) Fillings
- Mercury & Metal Free Restorations
- Advanced Cosmetic Dentistry
- Smile Makeovers
- Tooth Whitening
- Full & Partial Dentures
- Implant Crown Placement & Maintenance
- Oral Surgery
- Night Guards
- Ozone Therapy
- CEREC: One Appointment Crowns and Onlays
Call today for information or advice, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Lou! 215.293.0900. Ask for Barb!
About Dr. Lou
Outside the office, Dr. Lou enjoys all sports, whether he's a participant or a fan! He has exchanged softball and basketball for his current love, golf, and he is an avid, if amateur, weightlifter. He plays recreational guitar and loves attending regional jazz and rock concerts. He travels extensively for postgraduate education, enjoying opportunities for innovation in his dental art. His life philosophy is to give of himself freely, to stretch his boundaries, to be intensely present in everything in which he participates, to laugh often, to promote harmony, and to be aware of and grateful for the simple gifts of life.
Dr. Lou invites you to visit his websites: www.MeetinghouseDentalCare.com or to contact Barb by e-mail at MeetinghouseDentalCare@verizon.net.
Our dental practice is dedicated to patient education. As members of Dr. Tom McGuire's International Association of Mercury Safe Dentists (IAMSD), Dr. Lou and Dr. Jose work closely with him to provide important information to patients about oral health that can affect overall health, including issues related to mercury amalgam (silver) fillings. Click on the appropriate link to access important information about these topics.
NEW! Dr. Tom McGuire's new Video, Mercury: The Poison in Your Teeth conclusively proves that amalgam/silver fillings not only release toxic mercury vapor - but that the common act of brushing just one amalgam filling - will release more mercury than allowed by governmental regulatory agencies at the workplace! It also tells you what you can do about it. Click Here to watch this amazing video demonstration - and don’t forget to tell your friends and family! (You can also access it by searching YouTube for The Poison in Your Teeth or Tom McGuire, DDS.)
A Personal Note from Dr. Tom
I know Dr. Trovato personally and consider him to be a dedicated, caring, highly trained, skilled and experienced mercury free and mercury safe dentist. His commitment to quality dentistry, his ongoing dedication to continuing education, and his concern for his patients' health and well being, makes him ideally suited to remove and replace mercury amalgam fillings safely.
Dr. Trovato belongs to a number of highly regarded dental organizations, including the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology and my Mercury Safe Association (IAMSD). These organizations encourage taking a integrative, whole-body approach to dental treatment and promote patient education. His approach to healthy dentistry includes the understanding that you cannot be healthy without good oral health.
Dr. Trovato is a charter member of the IAMSD, and I highly recommend him to anyone seeking a mercury safe, holistic, and compassionate dentist. I recommend visiting his website to learn more about his whole-body approach to dentistry. When you visit his office, please let him know where you found out about him and say hello to him from me. Thanks!